[rollei_list] Retro adapter

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:44:30 +0100

I'm interested in trying my hand at getting closer and larger magnification (i.e. Macro). I want to stay light and as small as possible. There is a bellows and a retro adapter on eBay I plan on bidding for, but I'm not sure which to concentrate on.

As far as I know, the bellows is for serious macro work. I'm not serious, so I'm considering the retro adapter instead. I wanted to know if anyone has used it, how it works, etc. The only thing I could find says "With bellows, a 80mm Planar will yield from 1.8x to 3.5x magnifications." Hmmm.

Ok, I have a 80mm Xenotar - and no bellows. What magnification can I expect? Will I need a bellows (or focusing rack) to focus, or can I use the lens (at least within a certain range, moving the tripod into that range first)? What magnification will other focal lengths give (150mm...)?

Anyone use this or can explain how it works?

Cheers,
Thor