[rollei_list] 3.5F arrived from Manhattan Beach, CA

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:43:18 +0000 (GMT)

Finally, after two months and almost 30.000
(30,000)km, I have the 3.5F in my hands. I looked
through the lens and could see Harry F cleaning a
Compur shutter and Richard K driving his car to
Beverly Hills... :-)
Harry did a nice work, the camera looks condition 10,
mint, he repainted partially and repaired a dent in
the viewing hood, repaired a dent in the camera back,
replaced the silvered film spool spring, replaced the
lightmeter cover and repaired it, repaired the film
transport mechanism, cleaned and calibrated the
shutter, softened the camera focusing system, replaced
the focusing screen, repaired the self-timer (it works
now), adjusted the camera feet and the tripod plate,
etc.

Also John Van Stetten did a nice work, fungi around
the first element edges were eliminated (it was not
necessary to polish and/or to recoat the lens), both
lenses look pristine, like new... I´ll see the way
this Planar 3.5 six elements works...
Now I must try the camera with film...

All the best

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam