[rollei_list] Replacement part for 3.5E

  • From: Chris Brown <cpbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:24:38 +0100

Hi all.

This question specifically relates to a 3.5E, but I suspect it's exactly the
same part for most/all Rolleis. On the camera, there are two metal strips,
just below the viewfinder hood, which hold the hinge for the back, and also
have the lugs where the neckstrap or ever-ready case attaches.

Each of these strips is held in place by two small screws - one at the front
of the camera, and one at the rear.

I find myself needing to replace one of these screws, but I have been unable
to source a replacement - most generic parts retailers don't stock screws
that small, and the shops I found the do (model shops, etc.) don't have the
right size.

It occurs to me that there are people familliar with repairing cameras on
the list, and someone may know where I can source these screws, or at least
what sort of screw it is, so that I can have a better chance of sourcing one.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm running out of options.

Chris Brown