[rollei_list] Re: Durst M 605

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:01:50 -0700

At 09:51 AM 7/23/2005, you wrote:

Hi Thor:

I am actually selling my old M 605 at my parents house in Germany.  See:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/ eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7531400145&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:DE:1

Mine is ca 25 years old and was one of the top 6x6 B&W enlargers at the
time.  If you happen to drive through Germany  you could look at it, as
we set it up this summer.   I would have brought it over here to the US
 if I could have carried it.   I think, the Durst is definitely better
made than the Omega B22 I use here.  However my Durst only comes with
the 35mm mask and lens.  AFAIK parts are still readily available from
Durst in Italy.
Not sure what they are worth right now.  I suspect they go for more in
the US than in Europe.
Cheers,
Jan

Not sure I really agree.

When I bought my B22 I had the option of getting that or the Durst (or of course a Leitz Focomat $$$$$), and I got the B22 with both 35mm and 6X6 capability.

I used it for many years, but alas, it's in my storage area, along with the rest of my darkroom.

DAW

Don Williams La Jolla, CA