[rollei_list] Re: Portraits

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 06:23:35 -0300 (ART)

Thank you very much Aaron, Eric and Antonio for your
kind comments.
Bokeh is not the best characteristic for a Gauss type
lens design and the background in the backlight
portrait is a hard challenge for the Xenotar, however
I think the round iris helped to improve the bokeh
this time, not the real lens bokeh but the bokeh shape
for this photograph.

Regarding Eric question, I uploaded an almost raw
scanned image, I can modify within some limits the
background and/or the main subject tonality using the
PS curves tool, in fact I obtained a digital print
with a clear tonal separation between main subject and
background, you could obtain similar results from an
enlarger using your hands to vary the exposure for the
image different parts, anyway the background looks
softer in a print, sometimes the Out of Focus areas
look harsher due to the monitor sharpness type.-

All the best

Correo Yahoo!