[rollei_list] Re: Portraits

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:01:57 -0500

I like this portrait as well, but I don't find the OOF areas rendered
pleasingly... they seem uneven and a bit "donutty" to me. I do agree
with Aaron, that Berenice is a bit too low key and not forward enough
in tone. Just a personal preference, and I wonder Carlos if you've
experimented with different printings of this negative?

Eric Goldstein

--

On 11/28/06, Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Carlos, these are wonderful portraits. I especially like the first
one, of Berenice. The round iris in your 2.8C's Xenotar really
produces beautiful bokeh. I'm envious - I "only" have a 2.8D/Xenotar,
with the five-bladed iris. The backlighting is very nice as well; my
only criticism is that the background foliage is too close in tone to
Berenice's skin, so she does not stand out enough. But this is
difficult to judge at the moment of exposure and could be dealt with
in printing. Thanks for posting these.

Best regards,
Aaron