[rollei_list] Re: Photokina 2010

  • From: James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 01:07:31 -0700

 On 09/23/10 04:08, CarlosMFreaza wrote:
Interesting to note that "Agfaphoto" resurrected with the same logo
and with the headquarters in Leverkusen as always, they are a
"Consumer-imaging" company now. Agfaphoto is offering a lot of digital
compact cameras models and introducing some of them at Photokina 2010,
they still manufacture color and B&W film but it seems for the 35mm
format only and color paper, no longer developers or MF and LF film, I
could see APX 100 for 35mm. They manufacture portable film scanners,
consumer digital projectors, etc:
http://www.agfaphoto.com/appc/index.php

It is getting a bit confusing with AGFA. It now appears that ADOX has been resurrected. But wasn't there another company that was still selling actual AGFA film after they were liquidated. They said that they had purchased uncut rolls and packaged it -- Lupus?. IIRC, their trademark was blue and had a square rotated 45 degrees and a wolf. Does anyone remember? Were they connected with with Rollie Film? Or, am I simply loosing it? My guess is that they were simply absorbed into Rollei Film or is it now ADOX?. Rollei is still selling AGFApan 400, but only 120.. But, now it appears that the new ADOX is going to make it. IAC, this is giving me a headache. :-) But, I suppose that in a while we will be able to purchase various speeds.

Agfa is selling B&W 100, 200, 400. I wonder if it is really AGFA or where it comes from since ADOX has announced that they will continue to make AGFApan APX 100 & 400

I guess that AGFA CT is only going to be available in 100. I normally used the 50, perhaps because that was what it originally came in.

You can get Rodinal (Adonal) and Atomal from ADOX.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch