[rollei_list] Peters Q on dansih tax OT "the price of gasoline" elsewhere

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:01:22 +0200

Peter,

The Jeep is not all 5 times more expensive because danish cardealers get
them cheaper from the factury due to our high taxes - unfortunatly the EU
put a stop to that last year. Before the stopped a lot of people bought cars
with no plates for international use outside EU for very low tax free prices
in Denmark - the very haigh tax is also why our cars generally ar very old -
very poluting
but as the state gets so much money from the sale no one dares to remove the
taxes not even the envoirmental politicans

 There is a choice on the Vat on used items

If the shop were you buy it choose to have VAT on their goods in order to be
able to deduct VAT on what they buy - then there is 25% VAT - If I then buy
a camera of them for business use I get back the 25 % VAT, but if I buy it
as a private person I am stuck with paying the full VAT.
Then there is something called used VAT - I think auction house use that and
that is les.

With teh Gasoline its is profitable for the state because not only is ther
VAT but also TAX and green TAX the is not a fixed amount but a percentage so
the state get very wealthy when there is an oil crisis and the gas prices
goes up (ofcause anything that runs under the state gets a refund of taxes
and VAT)

The other day I fine gentleman on the Rangefinderforum sold me a LYNX 14E
for 50 USD and the postage was about the same for fast airfreight delivery.
I did not only pay duto tax of the value of the camera but also on the value
of the postage + 25 % VAT - so now I hink twice before I buy fra the US.

There are not many LYNX 14 E around my part of the world and I am to happy
with the camera to alow the duty/tax/vat to ruin the pleasure.

I got 5 leicas with lenses and meters etc from an auction and payed used
goods VAT that including the fee for the auction house amounted to 25%

Below I have posted the terms on VAT for foreign/domestic buyers
Hope that is usefull Peter

Payment
The purchase price is the hammer price plus 25% in buyer's premium,
including VAT, for lots sold subject to the special VAT scheme for sales of
Works of Art, Collectors' items and Antiques, and second-hand goods by
Public Auction (hereinafter called Special VAT).

Certain lots are sold in accordance with specific rules on normal VAT
arrangement (hereinafter called normal VAT), so that the purchase price is
the hammer price plus an additional 20% in buyer's premium and VAT of 25%
levied on both the hammer price and the buyer's premium. The lots subject to
Full VAT are indicated as such in the catalogue and on the homepage with an
asterisk (*).

Danish VAT registered buyers shall provide us with documentation of their
SE-/CVR -number (VAT No.) as this has to be quoted on the invoice for goods
bought at full VAT.

For some foreign buyers, specific VAT-exemption rules apply (cf. Article 3).
VAT-exemption does not apply to private buyers from the EU who are
considered as Danish buyers (cf. current Danish legislation on Special VAT
Scheme for Sales of Works of Art, Collectors'items and Antiques by Public
Auction).

The purchase price falls due for payment when the goods have been knocked
down. Payment may be made in cash, by Dankort, banker's cheque, traveller's
cheque, Visa-, Master-, Diners Club- or Eurocard. Personal foreign cheques
may only be used for payment by prior arrangement.

Payment may be made during or immediately after the auction. Under all
circumstances payment must be made no later than eight days from the date of
the invoice. For online auctions payment the purchase price is drawn from
the bidders creditcard when the lots are marked for transport (app. 12 hours
after the auctionday ends). At the same time the buyer recieves an invoice
and transportinformation.

Should the purchase price not be paid by the due date, interest at 1.5 % per
new month will be charged.

If the purchase price and interest are not paid within eight days after
Bruun Rasmussen has sent its demand to the buyer, Bruun Rasmussen shall be
entitled to rescind the sale and resell the goods at a Bruun Rasmussen
auction or privately, and to demand reimbursement of any related losses from
the defaulting buyer. Any further profit on the sale shall be payable to the
person who had deposited the goods for sale by auction.

If the defaulting buyer is entitled to proceeds from a sale of goods by
Bruun Rasmussen, Bruun Rasmussen shall be entitled to set off its
receivables against its payables to the defaulting buyer.

If the defaulting buyer has deposited other goods for sale, Bruun Rasmussen
shall be entitled to sell such goods at a Bruun

Rasmussen auction without being bound by the reserve stipulated by the
defaulting buyer. The defautling buyer shall not be entitled to demand the
surrender of goods deposited for sale as long as the debt payable to Bruun
Rasmussen has not been discharged, regardless of whether the value of such
goods may be deemed to exceed the debt payable.

Bruun Rasmussen shall be entitled to refuse a bid made by a buyer who is in
default in respect to his payment obligations to Bruun Rasmussen, as well as
a bid made by a third party on behalf of such a defaulting buyer. Bruun
Rasmussen shall further be entitled to demand a deposit as a condition of
accepting any future bids from such a purchaser.

§ 3. Exemption from VAT
Foreign buyers who fulfil the conditions stated below shall pay 20% of the
hammer price in buyer's premium and shall not be subject to Danish taxes and
duties:

  1.. Buyers residing in another EU Member State:

  Buyers are exempt from paying Danish VAT as long as they have provided
Bruun Rasmussen with documentation of their VAT registration. The VAT number
will then be quoted on Bruun Rasmussen's invoice.

  2.. Buyers residing outside the EU:

    1.. Dispatch through forwarding agent:
    Lots exported through a forwarding agent approved by Bruun Rasmussen are
exempt from VAT.

    2.. Export as personal luggage:
    Goods may be exempt from Danish VAT when the buyer personally takes the
goods out of the country as luggage, provided the following conditions have
been met:

    The invoice must have been paid and the Danish duty of 25% of the
invoice amount must have been deposited with Bruun Rasmussen.

      1.. Buyers residing in Norway will be refunded the Danish VAT as soon
as the invoice of sale has been returned to Bruun Rasmussen endorsed by the
customs authorities of the country in question or by any other authority
with jurisdiction over matters of purchase tax with respect to official
imports of goods into the country in question if the purchase price exceeds
DKK 1,200.

      2.. Buyers residing in other countries outside the EU will be refunded
the Danish VAT after the goods have been presented for customs clearance in
connection with the departure of the buyer from the EU. The exporter's form
should be returned to Bruun Rasmussen after being endorsed with the customs
authorities'export certificate if the purchase price exceeds DKK 300 This
also applies to the Faroe Islands and Greenland

§ 4. Payment of taxes and duties
  1.. Buyers with VAT-registration in other EU member states who do not wish
to make use of Article 3 may instead choose to purchase items subject to
Special VAT/Normal VAT in the same manner as private buyers. Bruun Rasmussen
must be notified of this before 10 a.m. on the following auction day.

  2.. Buyers with VAT-registration in Denmark may choose to purchase subject
to Normal VAT at 25% of the hammer price plus premium. Bruun Rasmussen must
be notified of this before 10 a.m. on the following auction day.