[rollei_list] OT "the price of gasoline" elsewhere

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 06:12:21 -0700

Wow! I do not feel so bad. So a Jeep is roughly 5 times the cost when
bought in Denmark due to tax? Does the 25% VAT apply to used products
as well? Say you buy a used Rollei TLR, would they add the VAT?
Any comments from our friends in Oz. I remember there being a 98% duty
on any imported product or something like that. I know Singapore is
expensive too.
Thank you for the information.

Peter K

On 4/20/05, Ruben <ruben@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Considder you folks lucky - gas is more than 6 USD / gallon in Danmark -
> actually it was above 7 USD / Gallon last month !
> On top of that When we buy a new car 180 % TAX is added on top of the pri=
ce
> and when that is done 25 % VAT. Then if it a fuel consuming car we pay ab=
out
> 3000 USD road tax a yaer + insurance.
> In other words
> A Jeep Grand Cherokee is about 200000 USD - If you are below 30 the
> Insurance is 8000 USD and he road tax 3000 USD
> If you drive 20000 KM a yaer the cost pr. KM owning a car like that
> including service, gas, price of the car and insurance and taxes amounts =
> 5,7USD pr. KM or about 9 USD a mile! or 342.000 USD for 3 years
>=20
>=20

NJ.

> >> u. No