[rollei_list] Re: Peter Negergal? Any buy Rollei's from him? I paid, no camera, no response....

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 02:53:20 -0700

On Tuesday, June 24, 2008, at 01:45AM, "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Allow me to repeat Slobadan:
>
>I specifically wrote him in an email the following before purchasing this
>camera:
>
>"May I assume the lens is clean and clear?  Film advance and shutter all
>work ok? How's the mirror and ground glass?"
>
>His DIRECT response reply to the above:
>
>"Lens is pretty good.  Xenar 3.5.  Works well.  I think you'll like the Cord
>V."
Well, he didn't comment on the shutter, and the phrase pretty good certainly
implies to me working but not by any means pristine. If some one tells me that
there car works pretty good it kind of implies that its still running and
doesn't go into the shop-more than every other month or so. As I understand it
these machine were not described as being in pristine condition and I would say
that the price seems to reflect this.
Having said this I think you should return it and ask for your money back less
shipping.
All the best
Larry Cuffe