[rollei_list] Re: Peter Negergal? Any buy Rollei's from him? I paid, no camera, no response....

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:22:26 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 5:56 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Peter Negergal? Any buy Rollei's from him? I paid, no camera, no response....

Yeah, surprisingly it arrived the next day I wrote that email to the list. In his defense he did actually send on June 2nd as he said he did but not priority air, regular air. Took 3 weeks! Maybe the floods in the midwest delayed things. Thing is he sent it to my home and not my work address. I specially asked him to send it to my work address and it was the only address I gave him. I have no idea how he got my home address unless it was on the bank bill pay check I sent. Strange. Lucky I got it at all as the postman leaves packages out in a common area of my loft complex and that's
why I have packages like this sent to my work.

Worst part is the Rolleicord he sold me is also flithy, with the leather peeling everywhere, metal edges rusting in numerous places (and no the box had nothing that would have indicated some kind of flood damge in transit), knob covers missing, the shutter speeds inoperable under 1/30th, fungus/mold on a lens and with loads of microscratches and the film advance does not work, or works intermittently, often stopping at frame 2 and going no further. I wasted three rolls olf film trying to get it to work at all. The mirror is ghastly and filthy as well, as was the focusing screen. It appears to have been left in someone's moldy basement and not used in
years. I am not pleased in the least.

I specifically wrote him in an email the following before purchasing this
camera:

"May I assume the lens is clean and clear? Film advance and shutter all
work ok? How's the mirror and ground glass?"

His response;

"Lens is pretty good. Xenar 3.5. Works well. I think you'll like the Cord
V."

Now how in the world he reconciled that with the camera I received is simply beyond belief. Since he still has not even replied to my three messages asking about his shipping method and to confirm the address I cannot believe he'll respond to any email expressing my dissatisfaction with the camera and my wanting to return it for misrepresenting the condition. Oh well. Lesson
learned.  $110 USD down the drain for an ugly doorstop.

Shame too. I bought one of his books a couple years back and he seemed a nice guy in the email exchange as part of that purchase. I simply cannot understand how people can represent such a piece if crap so completley
inaccurately.  I guess I was raised differently.

Sounds pretty bad. I certainly would investigate getting my money back. It sounds like its not even a parts camera. The words misrepresentation and fraud occur to me.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx