[rollei_list] Perspective control with Rollei 6x6

  • From: Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 08:41:35 -0400

Listers,

Since I'm new (relatively) to using Rolleis, I have what is probably a newbie question, and I think I know the answer, but I'll post anyway:

I've noticed in some of my shots that I get perspective distortion, as in the shot just posted on my site, #1. I assume the distortion occurred because of the camera angle. That is, the camera was lower than the subject, pointing up, which caused the outer edges of the image to bend inward.

When shooting portraits, I've attempted to keep the lens and subject within the same vertical plane, to reduce distortion.

Am I correct in my assumptions, and do you folks have any tips/ tricks, etc., for me?

TIA,

Ken
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn