[rollei_list] Re: Pentax LX - was - More R...35mm Pro cameras, Pentax

  • From: John Wild <jwild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 15:50:24 +0000

My son, having had a ME Super, which I bought for him, stolen when he was at
university, replaced it with a Pentax 'Super Program' (the American name for
the UK 'Super A'). Last year he found a mint LX and snapped it up...

He finds it a great camera, very rugged (having dropped it lens first - the
lens helix was buckled but the camera unmarked). He has since found a
selection of the Pentax A* lenses, which are fine, fast and 'chunky' pieces
of glass. He wouldn't change it for the world. It's a great camera, compact,
rugged and all the bits are interchangeable.

When I was a 'Pentax Man' I considered a LX as the ultimate upgrade. I then
saw a 3.5F and reminisced of my Rolleicord, which I stupidly sold. 'Pentax
Man' became 'Rollei Man' once more...

Having bought the 3.5F, I then sold my 'Super A' and bought a Rolleiflex
3003 as my 35mm camera. This is similar in features to the LX (plus
interchangeable magazines) and suited my requirements well, especially as I
like looking down onto a ground glass screen for composition rather than
through an optical viewfinder - the 3003 having both for maximum
adaptability.

I was looking at a very nice LX yesterday at a camera fair - lovely feel -
but I have enough cameras...

John