[rollei_list] Rollei Patents

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "New Rollei List" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:36:03 -0700

For some reason I never thought to search for patents belonging to F&H before, I began last night, using Google Patents to search for "Franke Heidecke" and turned up a ton of them. These are all post 1946. I will try other key words to see if I can find earlier ones. Among the patents I found were those covering the Rolleiflex winding mechanism, the coupling for the light meter, the coupling for the iris and shutter speeds, the rangefinder attachment, the light baffles, the Rolleifix, the lock for the back/bottom, and one issued to Claus Prochnow for a flashgun. I downloaded probably fifty and will search for more. Among the patents are some pertaining to a camera evidently never made which had the film running from side to side, I think Voigtlander made such a camera. There are also a couple for a method of making a camera that takes 35mm and some other, larger, format simultaneously and for a 35mm stereo camera. Also for an anti-reflection coating for light filters. The latter could be applied to lenses but that is not made specific in the patent specification.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA