[rollei_list] Re: PC-TEA was: Rodinal

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 09:35:33 -0400

I forgot to mention, dilute with water 1:24 or 1:49 just prior to use. I always use 1:49. I have never tried higher dilutions; since there is no silver solvent in this developer, I suspect a higher dilution would not lead to greater sharpness. Gainer has recommended adding a small amount of water when mixing the concentrate, as this makes it easier to pour and measure.

-Aaron

On Oct 23, 2008, at 7:57 AM, Aaron Reece wrote:

Perhaps you mean Pat Gainer's PC-TEA.

9 grams ascorbic acid

.25 grams phenidone

100ml TEA

Heat the TEA to around 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Add the ascorbic acid and stir, dissolving completely. Add the phenidone and stir, dissolving completely. Done.