[rollei_list] Re: Off Topic Question

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 17:38:35 -0700

Yes. Having been using (buying & selling) ebay since 1998 (before they went
public) I find that in the last 1-2 years people have opted to charge a
premium for shipping. Some are fair, I mean shipping is not cheap, but some
are way overpriced. What really galls me is when someone charge $8 for
shipping and I wind up receiving it via 1st class mail in a 50 cent
cushioned envelope with $1.50 postage on it.. But such is life.
When I sell I only charge postage. Generally a fixed rate and will indicate
overseas bidders should email me for an approximate charge.

Peter K

On 9/1/06, JMN * <retinaiiic@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Has anyone noticed an increasing number of eBay seller who charge excessive shipping rates? Someone on this list accurately described these sellers as eBay bottom feeders.

I think we need to keep this descriptive adjective alive and well when we
come acrossed an unreasonable ebay seller whose postage is out of sight.

John

--- Rollei List

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬