[rollei_list] Re: OT Walz lenses

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 23:27:19 +0000 (GMT)

All Walz TLR cameras had Nitto Kogaku lenses
-S-Kominar 3.5/75 four elements, a Tessar copy
probably or a Kominar 3.5/75 three elements, - and the
exception is the rare Metered Walzflex with Walzer
3.5/75 lens, this is identical to the American "Sears
Tower 65" that Walz made for Sears Tower; it seems
Walz decided to sell some "Sears Tower 65" that had in
stock to deliver to Sears Tower using their own brand
name for some reason, some business problem with Sears
Tower, anyway I assume that the Walzer 3.5/75 is also
an S-Kominar made by Nitto Kogaku because Walz did not
manufacture lenses:

http://www.tlr-cameras.com/Japanese/slides/Walzflex%20Meter.html

All the best
Carlos

  --- Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Who can tell me about lenses by Walz?
>
> I have a "Tower" TLR, semicoupled selenium meter,
> "Walz Camera Co" lenses
> on both holes, Copal shutter...  made in japan,
> clearly evokes Minolta
> Autocord and Yashica... but focuser is
> Rollei/Yashica type...
>
> Who made the glass?  It's sharp and contrasty.
>
> PJ Nebergall

> with 'subscribe'
> in the subject field OR by logging into
> www.freelists.org