[rollei_list] Re: OT - Super Ikonta 6x6 532/16 Film Winding Anomaly

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:02:34 -0500

Hi Mike,

> For the 11-shot Super Ikontas, just wind a half frame past #1 and its
> unlikely you will have spacing issues.

I've never done that and never had a problem with spacing.

> I'm very familiar with the inner
> workings of these cameras.  The spacing is not adjustable as its
> determine by cuts made on the bottom of the big winding gear.

Understood.  Though the spacing is not adjustable, per se, if something is
slipping, you can get overlapping.  Is the film advance mechanism %100
solid, or is there some part of the mechanism that can slip?  I don't
remember...last time I took one apart was probably 5+ years ago.

> Lots of info here:
> http://www.davidrichert.com/rebuilding_the_super_ikonta.htm

I'm glad someone took the time to post that info!

Another issue that could cause overlapping, is if the frame "counter" isn't
set to the right position with respect to the inner mechanism.  I don't
remember if it can be set differently when reassembling it...but the front
lense element can screw into one of many different positions when
reassembling it...  Something to look at anyway.

Regards,

Austin