[rollei_list] Re: OT - Super Ikonta 6x6 532/16 Film Winding Anomaly

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:39:07 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc James Small" <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:49 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: OT - Super Ikonta 6x6 532/16 Film
Winding Anomaly

> At 11:43 AM 2/23/2008, Mike Kovacs wrote:
> >Zeiss didn't put
> >a 6x6 window because the films at the time had no numbers
> >to see there.
>

> Zeiss Ikon AG.
>
> Marc

     I have a list of cameras made by Eastman Kodak which
shows dates and film type. The earliest mention of 120 film
is for an Autographic Jr. camera made in 1914. Unfortunately
the list does not show formats so I can't tell from it when
2-1/4 x 2-1/4 started. It would be interesting to know but I
don't know of a source for the information. In any case, as
I said before, I think the location of the red window on the
Super Ikonta has nothing to do with the number of frames it
counts.
     Your remarks about Zeiss-Ikon are an important reminder
that the two were associated but not the same company.
However, Zeiss-Ikon also had a reputation for quality, even
their box cameras were special.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA