[rollei_list] Re: OT Schneider 21mm f/3.4 Super Angulon for Leica M

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:51:25 -0500

> The ability to correct for Cos4 or vignetting with software generally has
> nothing to do with whether you are working with the file in RAW or other
> formats...
>

> Eric Goldstein

Typically you open a raw file either in Photoshop or Lightroom using the
same adobe Photoshop Camera Raw plug-i n which exists in your computer when
you got one of those programs or both.  This presents to you an interface
where you can process your image before you even open it really in Photoshop
or Lightroom proper. By the time it gets to these programs main interfaces
many people feel the image doesn't need any more work at all. Maybe people
are skipping Photoshop altogether and just going from the raw filter to
Lightroom. Not me.
Once in Photoshop yes there is a vignetting control but frankly it is not as
good to use as the one in the the Adobe raw filter you'd have used ahead of
time.
One is often set up so a tiff or jpeg also gets opened up first in the raw
filter even though these are of course not raw files.
I ahve shot nothing by raw for many years and either has most photographers
I know but the raw filter can come in handy opening an old tiff or jpeg.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner