[rollei_list] Re: OT - Santoku envy and lousy German (was: "NIH Syndrome" (was: Liquid Lenses))

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:30:52 -0800

Peter,

I dunno if I should be thankful to you or not, for including Ardy's
ego inflating febrile maunderings, but thanks.:-)

On the turbine exhaust "problem":  A very good friend of mine, Judge
Penick, had the loan of one of the Chrysler turbo cars in the 1960's
I believe.  We took it for a few drives including on a rally which
ended in Palm Springs.  Exhaust gas heating did not appear to be
of any concern.  There was snow on one of the mountain passes
and we did not notice the packed snow melting.  He also had it
idling in my driveway, which was asphalt at the time.  No problem.

I believe that I have a few Minox pictures of the car and the rally.  It
drew quite a bit of attention from the other participants.

Jerry