[rollei_list] Re: OT: Monitor calibration

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 07:50:57 -0400

Part of motion picture production is controlling the color temp of all
the light in the shot by filtering each light source.  If HMIs are the
main light source, they are generally close to daylight though the age
of the lamp will effect the color temp and each fixture will need
correction. Fluorescent tubes are filtered to correct; so are TVs,
monitors, windows, tungsten lamps etc etc etc. All of this can be done
quite perfectly as witnessed by the results of most major motion
pictures...

Eric Goldstein