[rollei_list] Re: OT: Monitor calibration

  • From: Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 18:36:15 -0400

On May 4, 2011, at 4:46 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>  Some notes about monitor calibration: The choice of
> white balance color is very important, it should match the
> color of the light the final print is to be viewed under.
> All lightin

Thanks, Richard, for the notes and info.

I attended a demo by Jay Seldin last year.  He was printing on an Epson 3880,
with Canson papers, and the ambient lighting was fluorescent.  The prints were
excellent.  And, he printed images that attendees brought in with them, so
there wasn't any pre-setup.

The ambient lighting issue is a bit confusing, at least for me, because I don't
know where my prints will be viewed.

I just sold three of my b&w prints, and I know these will be hung in a
newly-redecorated home.  When I saw them in their new location, they did NOT
look as I expected.  Not bad, mind you, just not what I expected.

My question, I guess, is:  How do I adjust for possible changes in ambient
lighting?  Or, is that not possible?

Ken

Ken Frazier
kennybod@xxxxxxx