[rollei_list] Re: OT: Lessons Learned -- Canon DSLR

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 16:49:03 -0500

At 04:31 PM 7/20/2010, Marc wrote, in part:
I have been having a ball learning my way around this T1i Rebel. I make no pretence about being an expert, but I have been enjoying the learning curve which, frankly, is not nearly as steep as I had thought. And the M42 adapter has given me a lot of fun as I dig out my Soveit MTO's and my Questar 3.5 and my Kiflitt lenses and shoot pictures of the local stop sign. I have a T-mount on order from B&H, which will add to the fun, as I will then be able to use my Leica APO-Televid and my Questar 700 and my Swift Lynx 60mm. Oh Frabjous Day! I have not yet tried to rig up my Leica Bellows II with my collection of macro lenses to the camera, but I have a fecalmatterload of adapters and know I can find a way to do so.

We have a stop sign right near here.

I can walk right up to it and get a very sharp shot without fooling around with all those long lenses. Want a shot?

I assume not.

It does seem, however, that you have indeed come over to the dark side- Can this be true or is it just a short-term aberration? (Pun intended I suppose)

On another topic I have been experimenting with the Cox Media and Share system. I have uploaded all the shots I took (or others took with my camera) during short visits to San Diego in 2009 and 2010. Incredible that in both periods there were over 300 shots to upload. They are, of course, just snapshots of the family and misc. events, but it really shows how one can get carried away with digital camera and a large memory card.

Cox gives us 5Gb of space and we can send out notices to the families (with the specific URL) so they can look at thumbnails, run a slide show, download, whatever you give permission for. It's much better than trying to send a memory card (This idea completely rejected by my kids) or send them bit by bit with email- when I tried that, two shots at a time, some of the folks on the other end were overloaded and the files bounced. With this facility they can pick and choose.

Next comes the 2008 trip shots and then some local stuff from here and some of my old childhood pictures they have been asking for over the years.

DAW