[rollei_list] OT: Jerry and Glenn Beck and the VA

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:08:32 -0400

At 08:32 PM 3/21/2010, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>Marc,
>
>Is it true that you and Glenn Beck are Siamese twins, separated at
>birth?  You did
>get the half with the brain.
>
>He and you seem to share the other end.
>
>BTW, I was denied the 2 years of servitude when they found that my feet were
>the opposite of flat.
>
>BTW, I have been subject to the gov't health plans of Great Britain,
>Japan, France
>and Israel while on long term assignments there.  Wonderful all except
>Japan, which
>was about equal to Tijuana. (That is in Mexico)
>
>All my friends who were treated by the VA died in their early 70's.  One
>retired
>admiral, who is a Leica and Porsche, man said that he would rather go to a
>Tijuana doctor than the VA medical facilities. And this is San Diego,
>which has
>enormous VA medical facilities.

I have previously posted on Glenn Beck. I find him quite odd. I have not the slightest idea why you would link me with him, as we stand for quite different positions on almost every issues. And I find his constant denunciations of EVERYONE who has ever attended an Ivy League School rather upsetting, as I am a Yale MA.

My feet are flatter than yours, I bet, and they took me. My father also had very flat feet, and they took him in the 1930's. You probably flunked the psych exam and they just told you your feet were flat to let you down easily! <he grins>

I have heard horror stories about all of the VA and military hospitals in the San Diego/LA area, though Dad got great service from the LA VA hospital in the early 1950's. He only received VA treatment from 1946 until his death at age 84 in 2000. Rather defeats your basic point.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!