[rollei_list] Re: OT: It's Coming Around Again

  • From: James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 04:53:24 -0700

 On 10/02/10 20:22, Eric Goldstein wrote:
Jerry I'm waiting for someone to market "digital film." With a bit of
a stretch of the lexicon, you could say that it is already in use in
the medical imaging arena...

Yes, there are digital gamma cameras as well as analog ones (like analog TV). However, last time I had an radiogram of my chest, I don't know what was used. The technician used a thing that went in the holder just like a film cassette, but she said it wasn't film and the results were available instantly so I didn't have to wait for developing. I wonder exactly how it works. It could work like the Xerox studio camera equipment, I suppose.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch