[rollei_list] Re: OT: It's Coming Around Again

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 17:28:56 -0400

At 05:18 PM 10/2/2010, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

>Wow,  I wager that shortly, that great digital company Leica will come
>out with a 35mm film camera
>that actually can use all of the Leica M9 lenses!  Then all i would have
>to do is hand the exposed film to Costco,
>wait an hour while I buy some wine, King crab legs etc and then pick up
>the 5x7 prints. So much easier
>than sitting at a computer for hours.

Jerry

All Leica M lenses from the original 2/5cm Summicron onwards, fit all Leica M cameras, from the M3 to the M9.

Canon is the one with the issue. They are now starting to upgrade to the new EF-S lenses but, so far, these are only available for consumer use. The pro (L Lenses) are all of the older EF generation made for film use. In another decade, Canon will probably be only producing EF-S lenses. Canon users, check the balances on your credit cards carefully ....

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!