[rollei_list] Re: OT: Contax II

  • From: "Jeffery Smith" <jls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:15:06 -0500

Actually, the Cosina/Voigtlander lenses are for the Nikon, not the Contax.
The feeling is that the DOF is enough with wide angles that the difference
should be negligible. But! Is it not true that the depth of *focus* is
shallower in wide angles than in normal lenses? For that reason, if you are
planning on using Cosina/Voightlander lenses, I would suggest getting a
Nikon S2 or Bessa R2S body for those lenses.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com