[rollei_list] OT: A Bit About Myself

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:36:13 -0400

In an off-List message from a senior List member, I was recently accused of being a Choate alumnus. Choate is an elite private (British: public) secondary school in Connecticut. While I did live for a year a mile or two from Choate, and used to drive through their campus on my way to work, I never attended that institution. Here is a summary of my serious education:

Novato (California) HS, Class of '68
Washington & Lee University, BA (cum laude and with honors), European History and Ancient Greek, '72
Yale University, MA in Classical Languages, '74
Marshall-Wythe School of the Law at the College of William & Mary in Virginia, JD, 1981
Command and General Staff College, '84

I have a bunch of other, less serious, courses on the resume, of course, and I have taught extensively as well.

But, no, I never attended Choate or any other private secondary or primary school.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!