[rollei_list] Re: OT: 35mm RF (Cosina)

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 23:50:52 +0200

Marc,

thanks for the clarification. What about addressing my original question(s)? :-)

Cheers,
Thor

On 18 Apr, 2006, at 21:33, Marc James Small wrote:

At 09:03 PM 4/18/06 +0200, Thor Legvold wrote:
Well,

thanks again to everyone who helped me learn more last year about a
replacement for my friends Minox GT. They got a Bessa R3a and a 40/1.4
to go with it a while back. I was over at their place recently and
helped them go through it and get to know it - wow what a really nice
camera!

This is not a Voigtländer Bessa. It is a Cosina 35mm camera. The purchase
of the rights to the Voigtländer trademarks by Cosina -- lost to Rollei in
its bankruptcy, incidentally -- no more makes a Cosina camera a Voigtländer
than would Ford placing the Jaguar name on its Taurus make that car an XKE.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505