[rollei_list] New photos added - problem no scratches or spots on the film

  • From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 18:03:04 -0500

I have managed to get one roll of film through my Rolleicord Va without any
scratch marks or black spots on the prints.  Here are a few samples

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75758245@N00/

I cleaned the inside of the camera thoroughly using canned air, protecting
the lens with a piece of wadded up lens tissue.  This seems to have solved
the problem of dust falling on the film.  As far as the scratch marks are
concerned, if that is what they were, I have decided to stop using Fomapan
for the time being.  I really prefer look of Tri-X anyway and Fomapan is
very difficult to handle in the darkroom because it curls so much.

In the mean time, I am using my negatrans without the glass plate, just in
case it was scratching my negatives.

Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions.

- Peter Schauss