[rollei_list] Re: My book is up.

  • From: J M N <retinaiiic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei list <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:15:36 -0400

Great marketing technique.

Gonna have to explain to me how it works.

From: sanders@xxxxxxxxx
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: My book is up.
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:31:15 -0700

First, thank you all who expressed congratulations for the book.
This has been a labor of many years, albeit a pleasant one.  Most
of you are familiar with the photographs.  I've written short essays
about the nature of portraiture to go with them.  It is my hope that
the sum of the book surpasses the individual portraits I've shot for
the series over the years.

This will likely be my last post to this group, but I feel compelled to
respond to Marc's chastisement about the need to obey the rules.
Marc said:

>Well, to be blunt, it is my list, and I have very few rules.
>One of these rules is that FS/WTB ads be listed on Fridays,
>your time, only. [snip] Sure, I might have been rude. I suspect
>the officers I chewed out when I was in the Army thought I was
>rude, too. But rules exist for a reason.

Indeed they do, Marc.  And I am glad to be held to such an
exacting standard, over such an inconsequential infraction,
though you err by assuming a commercial purpose in my post.

Since we are on the subject of obedience to rules:  Perhaps
you can explain to the list why you chose to violate Rules
1.5 (Client Fees), 1.15 (Safekeeping of Client Property), 8.1
(Bar Admission and Disciplinary Matters), and 8.4 (Attorney
Misconduct), of the Virginia State Bar Rules of Professional
Conduct, to the tremendous and lasting suffering of a fellow
list member?

http://www.vsb.org/docs/Small_2-29-08.pdf

Hey, I'm all for obeying the rules.  But I don't appreciate
being lectured about breaking rules by a former lawyer who
lost his license for violating his fiduciary duties to his
client and the most basic rules of professional conduct.

I will of course refrain from further posts to "your" list.

Sanders McNew--- Rollei List - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Subscribe at
rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the subject field OR by