[rollei_list] Re: My book is up.

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,<rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:32:46 -0400

At 11:16 AM 7/16/2009, Austin Franklin wrote:

>Yes, it is your list, and if you believe he was violating the rule, well
>then, that's the ruling.  But, not that it matters apparently, you may not
>find anyone else here on the list who agrees with your interpretation and
>application of the rule.
>
>What about recommendations for camera repair people, or someone posting a
>link to something that is for sale that they have no stake in, or announcing
>a gallery showing that happens to have a charge to get in.  Or, perhaps, if
>I had seen his book on Blurb and posted that I saw it there.  Where do these
>fall, when not posted on Friday?

There is no problem with anyone posting references to a third party who is not a member of this Listg. The problem only arises when someone is touting their own stuff. Sanders did so. I now realize that he did not mean to infringe on the rules, and I am looking forward to a full explication tomorrow about this new book of his.

In the past, I have been deluged with protests in my personal in-box when I have failed to enforce the Friday rule. There are folks on the List who seem to like it as it keeps things simple.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!