[rollei_list] Re: Missing the boat - RE: Re: FREE Tri-X

  • From: Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 07:22:29 -0400

I've seen someone in Connecticut who does Tintypes and Ambrotypes.

A friend does Paladium printing. Doesn't even need a darkroom for that.

Silver printing will persist and digital will evolve as sure as film will become more expensive and rival printer ink in cost.

Doug

On May 1, 2008, at 4:16 AM, FRANK DERNIE wrote:

A friend of mine is a photographer in the West Country
(Cornwall) and he has just started selling
Daguerrotypes. He is a brilliant technician and does
everything himself from mixing the chemicals to
coating the plates.
Frank
--- eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Even if it goes the way of etching and engraving and
mezzotints there will still be something available,
and more than likely you'll find a way to stay
involved. And if not? All the more reason to enjoy
it while it's here.

We're too big of a niche market to ignore. Just look
at all the flickr members who use film - multiply
the number by approximate expenditure, and there's
sure be some money worth having a slice of.

I'd worry more about color slides and color
negatives than black & white.

E.