[rollei_list] Re: Maxwell screens and Rollei popularity

  • From: Stan Yoder <s.yoder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:22:59 -0400

Ruben, you say that you prefer the older screen for judging depth-of-field. But with a TLR, the aperture of the viewing lens is fixed (no iris) so you can only view the D-o-F at what amounts to a wide-open taking lens, regardless of the actual aperture chosen for exposure, e.g., f/8.

Or am I missing something?

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh

P.S. For my 2.8F, I invested in a screen from Ian Parker's Rollei Club (Isle of Jersey) which supposedly is from the 6000-series SLRs. Got it via Jimmy Koh about ten years ago. It's bright and works well. Marvin Wallace's screen in my 3.5E is pretty good, too.