[rollei_list] Re: Maxwell screens and Rollei popularity

  • From: "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:01:20 -0500

I had a long talk with Bill Maxwell today (is there any other kind?) because I need a new screen. He told me that while most medium format cameras have dropped off his radar for orders for his screens, that TLR Rolleis are generating more new screen orders than ever before. He said he is often getting 3 or 4 orders a day for screens for Rollei TLR's, and he wonders why Rolleis are booming in popularity, while everything else has fallen way off (due to digital, presumably). I told him because they are great cameras, and he agreed (he is a long time Rollei user), but that doesn't explain it. There are (were) other great cameras, but noone is ordering new screens for them. Why Rollei?

--- Rollei List