[rollei_list] Re: Limit of Rolleicord Triotar, prices

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 07:41:45 -0700

That pretty much cinches it. My Rolleicord had no double exposure switch and it had a push button in the middle of the film wind knob to release the wind mechanism.

Thank you very very much for your very clear explanation of the Rolleicord III and IV. You nailed it! I had a Rolleicord III. I loved that camera and I wish that I had never sold it.

Jim

At 09:33 AM 10/12/2006 +0000, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

Jim, my list prices are retail prices from Burleigh
Brooks Inc., the official F&H representative and
distributor in USA. The Rolleicord IV camera (provided
with Xenar lens only) costed $ 134.55 and the eveready
case $14.95= $149.50, these were the official prices
for the users on 1954. Since the Rolleicord IV
replaced the Rolleicord III, it's very possible both
cameras had identical price brand new, the Rolleicord
III on 1952 and the Rolleicord IV on 1954.
Rolleicord III and IV look similar, however there are
three important differences, the Rolleicord IV has the
switch to allow double exposure between the viewing
and taking lens on the flash cord socket side and the
switch to select X or M flash synchro below the taking
lens, this placement is unique for the Rolleicord IV;
and the Rolleicord III film advance knob has other
inside push button to release the frame, the
Rolleicord IV has the film advance knob without the
inside push button. Other differences are that all
Rolleicords IV have the tripod plate with groove for
the Rolleifix and the camera back for Rolleikin 2,
only the lasts 50 Rolleicord III were provided with
the tripod plate for Rolleifix and the Rolleicord III
was provided with the camera back for Rolleikin 2 from
the serial number 1137000.

--- Rollei List