[rollei_list] Lightmeters

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 16:56:22 -0400

I have a bunch, though I cannot put my hand on most at the moment as they've gotten lost in the morass of my camera swamp.

My prize is a Weston 715, a selenium meter. Selenium most closely matches the response patterns of modern emulsions and really is superior to the later CdS and subsequent meters. I also have a Gossen selenium meter, though it needs work. I have a bunch of selenium Leica-Meters, including one from 1938 which still works flawlessly. (I just checked it.)

I have a Gossen CdS meter which is pretty good. It is light and easy to carry but, why? I know the Sunny 16 rule and for outdoor shots that works. If I am shooting indoors, I'll be using either my Leica Wetzlar M6 or my Rollei 2.8GX or my Ha$$elblads, and the meters on those puppies are infallible. (I use a Kiev 88 meter-prism on my Ha$$ies. This works well.)

I sometimes go out and walk about with a Contax II or a Leica IIIc to refresh myself with photography. That was more fun when I had a dark room. Now, I'm prettty well restricted to C41 or E6 films unless I wish to send it to Dwayne's.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!