[rollei_list] Re: Lens Coating discovery, note from Richard

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:28:50 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Williams" <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 8:39 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Lens Coating discovery, note from Richard

At 10:51 PM 7/4/2003 -0700, Richard Knoppow wrote:

The mail filters I use in OE sometimes use the -rollie list- in the subject field to filter. When somone responds to me directly quoting something from the list it gets sorted to the list. This is sometimes a PITA but OE filters have been "simplified" by MS to the point where someone who is knowledgable about mail headers will have problems with designing any sort of sensible filter.
As far as my comments on hard coating: this was written before I saw the material on the Vacuum Coaters site. One of the documents available there (as a PDF) is a military handbook of coating c.WW-II, and another is a description of the findings of military intelligence about the coating processes used at Zeiss.
I strongly recommend this site to anyone who in interested in the history and processes of lens coating.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx