[rollei_list] Re: Kodachrome - the truth

  • From: Frederic Fichter <ffichter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:24:22 +0200

Thanks, Richard, you nailed it (again).

All the chromes I have with red/purple in them that are severely underexposed exhibit the same mangenta cast.

Kodachrome is definitely consistent.

Fred

On Oct 14, 2005, at 12:37 AM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

If the slide is very underexposed it might be a color shift from lack of tracking in the film. Its hard to know. I have a number of Kodachrome travel slides which are of very dark interiors and are uniformly neutral. All of these were processed by A&I when they did Kodachrome. To my eye there is a slight magenta cast to most of them.