[rollei_list] Re: Just film - what to put in a timecapsule...

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 21:54:30 -0400

Jerry:

        That sounds reasonable and I may try something along these lines one
day; but I did manage to make a few prints from these negatives for my
grandparents when I first received them, so there is no particular
hurry. As I recall the 35mm film was Kodak SuperXX and the photos were
made around the late 40s/early 50s judging from the style of dress and
the cars; they were then stored curled up in film canisters until 1998.
Unfortunately there don't seem to have been any Rollei or Leica owners
among my family, more the Brownie crowd with Argus C3 at the high end,
but whoever made the photos seems at least to have had a good
understanding of the cameras' limitations and ability to work within
them. It's a neat detective job sitting down with the grans and trying
to puzzle out who took which photos.

-Aaron