[rollei_list] Re: Items FS 29 MAY 2009 CD's, Books, etc.

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 08:16:55 -0700

I found this as well:

Q. What is the meaning of a Donkey's Years?"

A: This is an example of an expression that has altered its spelling over
time. "Not for donkey's ears" means not for a very long time and refers to
the length of a donkey's ears. However, they gradually stretched from the
"donkey" and turned "ears" into "years". The meaning of the expression is
the same, if it does make rather less sense than the original.

--
Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬