[rollei_list] Re: Im new, just got Rollei Magic 2

  • From: Ruddy Roye <leicauser503@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:45:21 -0400

I am smiling because your enthusiasm is infectious.
You know, having taught photographers your age, my first reply would be to go out and buy your first roll of film out of your own pocket, load your own camera, think of something that interests you that you would like to see on your wall and go photograph it.
I do not know what level of photography you are at, but you might want to invest in a light meter(google this word if you do not know what it is, some cheap ones are on Ebay also). If you do not have a light meter then the Sunny 16 rule might help. I do not know if you can google that but I know your friend might be able to explain it clearer than on a chat line.
Go out and shoot that roll, process it, look at your picture and then----bring the result to the photographer so he will have something to work with.

You are about to embark on an interesting relationship.
On Oct 19, 2005, at 9:48 PM, Kevin Muncie wrote:

Howdy everyone!

I just joined the list last week when I got serious about buying a Rollei. My name is Kevin Muncie, from a small town in North Texas and am 18 years old. Last week I found a Magic II on eBay in it's last few hours, asked some questions and went ahead and placed a bid even though I was very weary of buying one on eBay. Well I just received it today. All I can saw is WOW! Y'all may spot some flaws but it looks brand new to me. Below is a link to some poorly lit digital photos of it I took tonight. Give me yalls impressions and tips on using it. I have some photography experience but this is a whole new ball game from a cheap SLR 35mm and Digital I have. Tell me what this red ribbon is? Has this camera ever been used? The light meter works and the shutter works great. There are virtually no scratches on the camera or leather case. It also came with a Rollei Flash (no bulbs though) and a couple owners manuals. A friend whom is a pro photographer and has experience with 120 is going to lend me some starter film and show me the basics. I love this camera, its so solid and well made! The little springs that cushion the focusing screen really show attention to detail!!!

 Photos - http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/v/87sedan/rollei/

eBay auction - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=7552367423&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

 Some of my digital photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nivek2002/

OH and if someone could invite me to start a gallery on Rollei-gallery.net I would appreciate it. I look forward to your replies and helpful knowledge!

 Kevin

www.royephotography.com
Portrait and Editorial Photographer