[rollei_list] Re: Hello (again)

  • From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:08:03 -0400

On Thursday, April 28, 2005, at 07:30  AM, James Davis wrote:

> I'm new to this list, having recently signed up to the old one and
> been asked to move over here instead. I'm am amateur photographer from
> the UK.
>
> Just yesterday I've become the owner of a rather lovely Rolleiflex F
> that was up for sale when a church decided to clear out it's darkroom
> after moving over to digital. I think I picked myself up a bargain as
> the camera appears to be in excellent condition. They even threw in
> their remaining stock of 120 film although at four years past it's
> best-before date I suspect it's good for little else than practicing
>
> I'm also planning to start developing my own 120 film and am gathering
> the equipment I'll need. The nearest lab that processes 120 is thirty
> minutes drive away and I can't be done with all that.
>
> Anyhow it's nice to met you all!
>
> James
> --
> http://jamesd.ukgeeks.co.uk/

Welcome, James. I am sure you will LOVE the Rolleiflex. The church must
have been crazy to sell it! Even if one "moves to digital" one cannot
match the quality of the results from a Rolleiflex. Besides, which
modern camera offers the sheer pleasure of use a Rolleiflex offers?

If there are problems with the camera, Harry Fleenor
(<http://www.rolleirepairs.com/>) will fix it for you at a very
reasonable price.

Some film is still quite good when old - don't throw it out, just try a
roll or two.

Cheers!

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir>