[rollei_list] Re: Harrison and Harrison filters

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:05:48 -0700

I agree with Richard on this, BUT...

Harrison & Harrison have been making filters for the photographic industry for many decades. I cannot believe that they would deliver bad filters. If there is writing on the filter AND if it is in the image area, it will be able to be cleaned off. I suspect that any printing would be right at the edge of the rim, which is totally out of the image area.

Here in the SFO Bay area, I know numerous professional commercial photographer who swear by H&H filters. They make some unique filters that no one else makes.

If you have any H&H questions, simply pick up the phone and call them. They surely can answer your question far better than this list can, especially since we cannot see the filters.

Jim

At 03:07 PM 5/15/2007 -0700, Richard Knoppow wrote:

Try cleaning the filters, the print should come off. I have never heard of printing anything on the glass and there should be nothing there. If the printing will not come off return the filters and buy some other brand. _Anything_ on the filter glass will degrade the image. Also, the filter type should be marked on the rim. The only unmarked filters I've ever seen were plain gelatin, which, of course, can't be marked.