[rollei_list] Re: Ground-glass image on 3.5 Tessar vs. 3.5F Planar

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:52:33 -0300

2011/2/2 Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Adam --
>
> Another possibility is the condition of the viewing lens... I believe
> they are both f/2.8 Heidosmats but one may be cleaner/clearer than the
> other.

The last serious CLA on my 2.8C was in 2004, I was thinking about to
install a Maxwell screen because the original ground glass image
became dark too much, I suspected the viewing lens was the culprit
because the mirror was in good condition and the ground glass too. I
could see paint loss in the lens barrel and a bit of haze according
the light angle. I decided to wait for the CLA to decide about the
Maxwell screen. I asked the technician a good clean for the viewing
lens. After the CLA, the improvement for the ground glass image was
impressive, the hardly visible haze in the Heidosmat was causing the
dark image and then I decided to keep the original ground glass for
the camera and today, after 6 years the ground glass image is very
good yet.