[rollei_list] Re: Fuji/Bessa folder rangefinder.

  • From: William Harting <wharting@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:25:36 -0400

I picked up a Zeiss Ikon folder this winter (6x6), in outstanding condition, with a 2.8 Tessar, but I can't get the hang of focusing and the images overlap on the negative. I'm told this is to be expected, but it just isn't as much fun to carry and use as a Rollei. I'd like to get a Mutar or Mutar-like attachment for the Rollei...

Bill

Jan Decher wrote:
Peter et al.

I just bought an early postwar 4.5x6 Ikonta with 75mm Tessar and if the lens is any good I will have it overhauled by Ed Smolov for a pocketable folder. A lot more satisfaction than this $2250 Fuji-"Bessa".

However, a Rolleiwide is a dream of mine too. The 75 or 80 mm standard TLR lenses can be very limiting for interior shots and architecture in narrow streets. Requires a lot of "pars pro toto" thinking.
Maybe I should start looking for Bay IV filters and lens hood ;-)

Jan

Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:31:09 -0700
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Fuji/Bessa folder rangefinder.
From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
I am with you. $2250 is a lot of cash. I can find a Rolleiwide for that
price.

- Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org