[rollei_list] Re: Fuji Astia 100 . discontinuation

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 07:43:50 -0300

Thank you very much Emmanuel and Bernard for the suggestions. The info
about Fuji has discontinued Astia completely is confusing in the Web,
it's a fact for some forums and it's official for 35mm as Emmanuel
wrote, however B&H New York city (I have nothing to do with B&H or any
other photographic articles shop/seller/dealer/store in the world)
site says Astia has been discontinued for several formats, if you look
for Astia within the B&H site you'll see the info.

My two local e-shop providers have in stock most Kodak slide films for
35mm, 120 and 4x5" but only Fujichrome Provia 100F regarding Fuji, the
Provia is slightly cheaper than any Kodak slide film here.

Sensia has been discontinued too, I used it twice, once for the Rollei
35 and once for the 2.8C with Rolleikin, I found it pretty similar
regarding the Provia 100F, these are the news in the BJP:
http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/news/1727476/fuji-sensia-rip

Carlos
PS: I regret very much every film becoming out of the market BTW, it
is a sign of the times.