[rollei_list] Re: Flattening 120 film

  • From: "dnygr" <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:26:45 -0500

Ken,

I usually put curling film in boxes with my contact sheets. Over time, the film
flattens out. You might place the film under glass. The weight from that will
flatten the film over time, but be sure the surface under the film is clean.
The same goes for the glass.

These cures work for sheeted film. Since yours in not sheeted, you may have to
improvise, or simply cut your film and stick it into sheets.

The curling is caused by a lack of humidity when the film is dried, I've been
told, though I do not know whether this is true.

My feeling is that your film will flatten, but it will take a while.

Perhaps, someone else has a better solution.

Looking forward to the next New Haven Luggers meeting--Doug

From: Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@xxxxxxx>
Date:  Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:01:21 -0500