[rollei_list] Re: Figital

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 11:14:30 -0400

Yeah, but home scanned Ektar is pretty amazing.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elroustom/3949747200/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elroustom/3948968345
even in 35mm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/elroustom/3148482767/

E.

On Sep 26, 2009, at 10:55 AM, J M N wrote:

Hi Mark,

Yeah, I got caught up in that silly compromise: Shoot Kodak Ektar and have COSTCO process it and scan negatives to a CD. Not a bad idea if you like digitally printed photos and scanned images at 72 dpi.
YIKES!

> Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 23:35:01 -0400
> Subject: [rollei_list] Re: If Capa had digital
> From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > Hi Austin,
> >
> > Everything you mentioned regarding film vs. digital is true more or less. I > > don't know how common it is to simply write over previously made images, but
> > I'll take your word for it.
> >
> > But I find it true and difficult for Rolleiflex users to accept the fact that
> > one can not avoid digital photography.
> > If one is seriously involved and provides photography for a client or > > organization one must almost certainly employ digital photography or get left > > behind. Sacrocanct as the qualities of Schneider and Zeiss once were, today
> > they are almost irrelevant.
>

> Shooting film and having them scanned is not such a bad compromise if it > means being able to still use my twin lens Rolleiflex camera every once in a
> while..
> You can get places who can make nice sized scans and put them all on a CD > when they run your C41 film for you. Adds twenty buck to it. Those scans > can be just fine for the internet, small prints and most things. Sticking > that CD into your computer and putting them with all the rest of your > captured files takes a minute and then you can pretend you shot it digitally > in the first place in no time.. Just don't start looking for metadata
> telling you what f stop you used.
>

> Mark William Rabiner

Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing™ now